Receive Assistance with Your Long Term Disability Insurance Application
Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance carriers lose money when they have to pay benefits. Since it’s in their best financial interests to deny as many claims as possible, it’s no secret that claim examiners can be less than impartial. However, you can increase the chance of winning your benefits by working with an experienced LTD lawyer throughout the process.
Applicants often hire an attorney after their claims are rejected, due to mistakes made during its initial preparation. Those mistakes very often make the appeal process difficult, and are challenging to correct. That’s why seeking out legal counsel before submitting your claim can save you considerable pain and aggravation later on.
LTD applications are complicated, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the traps that can be set by your insurance company. Here are some of the most common mistakes made by claimants:
- Providing a vague employment history
- Submitting an incomplete form
- Not explaining in detail why you are no longer able to perform your job
- Unintentionally providing self-detrimental statements to a claim examiner
- Providing insufficient documentation or exhibits to help explain your disability
- Excluding expert opinions and medical evidence from your application that would have better supported your claim
- Submitting a bland claim that is not moving, compelling or sympathetic to your own case. At times you must work extra hard to convince your insurance company that you deserve benefits
Remember, enlisting the services of an LTD attorney can make the application process less stressful while increasing your chances of receiving benefits.